Acute Care Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, plans and implements the overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for acute care. Responsible for the supervision of the acute care nursing staff. May provide direct patient care and is responsible for assessing, planning, and evaluating patients. Works closely with physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to maintain successful working relationships and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps up to date on latest nursing philosophies, techniques, and equipment.
- Is a resource for nursing staff with technical knowledge, identifying and solving patient care problems.
- Often provides technical information to colleagues, especially regarding special care areas such as ICU and OB in addition to medical/surgical.
- Assists in development of patient care policy and procedures as requested.
- Keeps staff informed of changes in policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Assist in orientation of new staff.
- Seeks others’ opinions readily regarding patient care needs and plan of care.
- Respects other peoples’ ability of judgement.
- Interacts appropriately with visitors, families, and other departmental personnel.
- Handles public relations effectively and tactfully.
- Assists in leading team effectively.
- Acts as a mentor to all staff.
Resistance to Work Pressures
- Provides a high degree of professional patient care, especially in special care areas such as OB and ICU.
- Makes sound decisions under conditions of stress or pressure.
- Accepts additional assignments without becoming unduly distressed.
Rules and Policy
- Changes Acute Care/Swing Bed/OB/ICU Nursing Department rules and policies as necessary in accordance with organization’s mission and philosophy.
- Conducts annual department policy review.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance policies in regard to evaluation of patient care.
- Mentor, work with, and train staff on the main principles of patient satisfaction including facility goals of patient satisfaction.
- Assist in annual evaluations of nursing personnel.
- Develops and revises plan of care for assigned patients and implements and evaluates same.
- Reports patient care concerns and condition changes to appropriate personnel, i.e., Lead Nurse, DON, and Medical Providers.
- Meets or exceeds written standards of patient care.
- Ensures safe work environment by cleaning, restocking, monitoring conditions, especially in special care areas.
- Does additional reading or study on an unusual patient problem or condition.
- Participates in learning/teaching opportunities with other staff, i.e., Physicians, NP, PA, RN, LPN, NA, or community.
- Assumes professional responsibility for every assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current RN license within the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Clinical experience.
- Five (5) years of nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.