Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a friendly and professional Administrative Assistant. This career opportunity provides support to the CEO and CFO and assists with administrative functions and duties to help facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. The Administrative Assistant offers polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and email, being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare memos and other documents as required.
- Answering and routing calls to the correct person or take messages while maintaining polite and professional communication.
- Set up meetings and accurately take minutes of meetings as assigned.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes as assigned.
- Prepare appropriate documents for review and presentation by board of directors, committees, and staff.
- Maintain the facility-wide policy and procedure system and assure the system is used appropriately by departments.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Greet visitors and schedule meetings and appointments as appropriate.
- Use various software as required.
- Make travel arrangements for administrative staff as required.
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and managing records.
- Open, sort, and distribute correspondence.
- Prepare birthday cards for employees and board members and distribute in a timely manner.
- Coordinate employee recognition events as requested.
- Responsible for monitoring the meeting rooms calendar for meetings and events.
- Prepare finance board meeting reminders and board meeting packets for mailing.
- Designated as the Campaign Coordinator for the GRHS annual United Way employee fundraiser.
- Send out new patient mailings on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the board member election process which is done every two years.
- Act as the backup to Human Resources for fingerprinting new employees and volunteers as required for their background study.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field and/or prior administrative experience.
- Five years or more of experience preferred.
- Experience with various computer software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and human relations skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priority.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.