Central Sterile Supply Technician
Due to continued growth in our surgical team, Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a full- or part-time Central Sterile Supply Technician. This position is responsible for completing all duties under the direction of the OR Manager while maintaining a high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, clean, decontaminate, disinfect and or/sterilize surgical instruments.
- Assemble, wrap, and sterilize trays of instruments.
- Keep accurate records regarding quality indicators.
- Assist in ordering surgical equipment and supplies for the surgical suite and central sterilizing department.
- Assist in the care, preparation, and maintenance of sterile and unsterile items in OR.
- Assist with transferring patients from the Operating Room.
- Assist with transport of patients to other departments in the facility.
- Use sterile technique when applicable. Monitor and report any breaks in technique.
- Provide for patient safety.
- Provide care that exceeds patient expectations.
- Check supplies for outdating.
- Check preventive maintenance schedule and do required procedures. Keep a record of procedures performed.
- Assist with Endoscopic procedures (specimen collection, records, procedures, cleaning, and upkeep of scope and all related items).
- High-level disinfecting of endoscopy equipment per manufacturer requirements or current industry recommendations.
- Assist in other areas of the hospital as trained and directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Part-Time or Full-Time
- Monday – Friday 7a-3:30p
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.