Clinic File Clerk
Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a full-time clinic file clerk to help manage the medical records of the clinic, including preparing, storing, and retrieving patient health records. This position will also be responsible for assisting reception during high call volume by answering calls 3-4 hours a day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist patients in completing Release of Information (ROI) forms.
- Scan reports into the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) as directed.
- Extract data from the EMR as directed.
- Prepare worksheets for the practice.
- Answer phones, listen to messages, and promptly return calls.
- Access the online patient portal and assure patient’s request for HIM are being addressed.
- Help complete and upload chart audits with various insurance companies.
- Pick up provider in-boxes and station in-boxes.
- Deliver mail to provider offices and to the mailroom.
- Shred records when directed.
- Adhere to practice standards, policies, and protocol.
- Maintain a clean desk and general office space.
- Graduate of a program in medical records, medical assistant, office practice or equivalent training.
- Computer experience or knowledge is preferred.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be willing to work after regular business hours.
- Must be trustworthy to work without supervision.
- Must strive for accuracy and neatness.
- Must be friendly, courteous, and responsible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.