Clinic LPN or Medical Assistant – Glenwood
Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a part-time LPN or Medical Assistant to assist physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with patient care. This position is primarily Family Medicine. Maintain a high standard of quality healthcare, and inform and support patients while practicing within the scope of your license. All clinic LPNs and Medical Assistants are cross-trained with other clinic staff and may work at Brooten Medical Center and Starbuck Medical Center as needed to help cover vacations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, prepare and restock exam rooms.
- Direct patients to exam rooms and monitor vitals.
- Assess patients as to severity of complaint or injury and the expediency to which should be seen by physician.
- Assist physician with procedures as directed.
- Administer medications and allergy shots as ordered.
- Direct patients to other locations within the facility as needed.
- Complete all request slips.
- Schedule mammograms, CT scans, ultrasounds, surgery, or any outpatient procedures as directed by the physician.
- Perform hearing and tympanogram tests for individuals and companies; UA collection for routine and company drug screens; ear washes; BPV’s; EKG’s; immunizations; dressing changes.
- Send reports of pap smears, mammogram results or any follow-up calls (including Labs) to patients under the direction of the physician.
- Explain procedures and preparation to patient.
- Clean instruments and package for sterilization.
- Intercede and screen phone calls for physician.
- Record prescription refills in patient charts.
- Organize and control sample medications.
- Take inventory of stocked supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Set up referral appointments with other clinics and physicians.
- May have to draw blood from patients, take x-rays, and do audiology testing. If this is directed, employee will be provided support and training to accomplish these duties.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Medical Assistant.
- Current LPN or Medical Assistant license within the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Prior clinic experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Weekend rotation at Glenwood Medical Center’s Walk-In Clinic
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.