Clinic LPN or Medical Assistant Float – Glenwood
Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a full-time LPN or Medical Assistant Float to assist physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with patient care. Maintain a high standard of quality healthcare, and inform and support patients while practicing within the scope of your license. All clinic LPNs and Medical Assistants are cross-trained with other clinic staff and may work at Brooten Medical Center and Starbuck Medical Center as needed to help cover vacations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, prepare and restock exam rooms.
- Direct patients to exam rooms and monitor vitals.
- Assess patients as to severity of complaint or injury and the expediency to which should be seen by physician.
- Assist physician with procedures as directed.
- Administer medications and allergy shots as ordered.
- Direct patients to other locations within the facility as needed.
- Complete all request slips.
- Schedule mammograms, CT scans, ultrasounds, surgery, or any outpatient procedures as directed by the physician.
- Perform hearing and tympanogram tests for individuals and companies; UA collection for routine and company drug screens; ear washes; BPV’s; EKG’s; immunizations; dressing changes.
- Send reports of pap smears, mammogram results or any follow-up calls (including Labs) to patients under the direction of the physician.
- Explain procedures and preparation to patient.
- Clean instruments. And package for sterilization.
- Intercede and screen phone calls for physician.
- Record prescription refills in patient charts.
- Organize and control sample medications.
- Take inventory of stocked supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Set up referral appointments with other clinics and physicians.
- May have to draw blood from patients, take x-rays, and do audiology testing. If this is directed, employee will be provided support and training to accomplish these duties.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or Medical Assistant.
- Current LPN or Medical Assistant license within the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Prior clinic experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Hours vary by week.
- Weekend and evening rotation at Glenwood Medical Center’s Walk-In Clinic.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.