Glacial Ridge Health System hiring a responsible and self-motivated cook to perform cooking and cooking preparation in an efficient, attractive, and nutritional manner. The position is full-time and includes cleaning duties as assigned. We hire for attitude and teamwork so we will train the right person!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food from menu for patients at each meal service.
- Plan and prepare additional menu items for cafeteria service.
- Consult with manager in regards to menu plans.
- Assemble meal tray for breakfast, lunch, dinner meals.
- Check accuracy of tray before sent to patient.
- Portion and serve foods and beverage on the tray.
- Serve food to hospital guests in common ground café.
- Document temperatures for prepared food and storage areas.
- Prepare food for special functions and baking when needed.
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices.
- Assure night food supplies are adequate.
- Attend in-service education meetings as required.
- Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning schedule.
- Assist other cooks/team members as needed.
- Perform other tasks as employer requires.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred.
- Must be ServSafe certified or be willing to obtain certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Ability to make simple calculations.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to organize work to meet serving time schedules.
- Ability to learn the restrictions of various diets as stated in dietary manual.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Mornings and evenings weekdays; rotating weekends and holidays
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.