Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking responsible and self-motivated dietary aides to perform kitchen preparation, assist cooks in serving attractive and nutritional meals, wash dishes, and cleaning duties as assigned.
Perfect opportunity for high-school students available to work Monday – Friday afternoons and every other weekend with rotating holidays. Approximately 15-18 hours per week. We hire for attitude and teamwork so we will train the right person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help the Cook with meal preparation.
- Prepare any items needed for the next day.
- Help serve hot food to employees after patient’s trays have been sent to the Nursing Floor.
- Help prepare special meals needed for meetings.
- Prepare portions and serve foods and beverages on the trays.
- Strip, wash and return dishes to proper area.
- Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning schedule.
- Mop floors in kitchen.
- Check and stock all supplies.
- Kitchen experience desirable, but not required.
- Able to make simple calculations.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to organize work to meet service time schedules.
- Able to learn the restrictions of various diets as stated in diet manual.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- 4:00-7:00 p.m. weekdays AND
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays. Weekend and holiday schedules may be 10:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. or 4:00-7:00 p.m.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.