Emergency Room Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, plans and implements the overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for the Emergency Room. Responsible for the supervision of the emergency room nursing staff. May provide direct patient care and is responsible for assessing, planning, and evaluating patients. Works closely with ER physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to maintain successful working relationships and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps up to date on latest nursing philosophies, techniques, and equipment.
- Is a resource person for nursing staff with technical knowledge, identifying and solving patient care problems.
- Assists in development of patient care policy and procedures as requested.
- Keeps staff informed of changes in policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Seeks others’ opinions readily regarding patient care needs and plan of care.
- Respects other peoples’ ability or judgment.
- Interacts appropriately with visitors, families and other departmental personnel.
- Handles public relations effectively and tactfully.
- Assists in leading the team effectively.
Resistance to Work Pressures
- Provides a high degree of professional patient care.
- Makes sound decisions under conditions of stress or pressure.
- Accepts additional assignments without becoming unduly distressed.
Rules and Policy
- Changes emergency room nursing department rules and policies as necessary and in accordance with organization’s mission and philosophy.
- Conducts annual department policy review.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance policies in regard to evaluation of patient care.
- Develops and revises the plan of care for assigned patients and implements and evaluates same.
- Reports patient care concerns and condition changes to appropriate personnel, i.e., Charge Nurse, DON, and Medical Providers.
- Meets or exceeds written standards of patient care.
- Ensures a safe work environment by cleaning, restocking, monitoring conditions, especially in special care areas.
- Does additional reading or study on an unusual patient problem or condition.
- Participates in learning/teaching opportunities with other staff, i.e. Physicians, NP, PA, RN, LPN, NA, or community.
- Assumes professional responsibility for every assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Five (5) years of nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.