Health Information Management Clerk
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a full-time HIM Clerk to assist in ensuring quality medical records through accurate and timely review and scanning of documentation. Complete release of information (ROI) process as needed. Serve as the primary point of contact for patients and Glacial Ridge staff within the HIM department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review outpatient records on a daily basis to verify receipt of valid orders.
- Scan patient care documents and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter data into the Release of Information system upon receipt of a request.
- Maintain the Outreach folders accurately; contact other facilities for information as appropriate.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous and timely manner.
- Distribute radiology reports to the appropriate providers on a daily basis.
- Assist GRHS employees with scanning questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Transfer/upload radiology reports to the PACs system on a daily basis, as needed
- Prefer graduate of a medical administrative specialist or similar course.
- Experience in a clerical position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detail-oriented and able to identify possible errors within the EMR.
- Ability to detect errors in patient identification and episode number assignment.
- Ability to respond to change productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to foster respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all phases of work.
- Ability to promote good customer relations through prompt and courteous service.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.