Home Health Aide / Homemaker
Glacial Ridge Homecare and Hospice is seeking a part-time and full-time home health aide / homemaker to provide assistance in daily living and personal care services in patients’ homes in the Brooten, Belgrade, and Sauk Centre area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Give or assist with baths and oral hygiene.
- Shampoo and fix hair.
- Shave male patients.
- Assist with transfers in and out of bed.
- Assist with ambulation after proper demonstration.
- Assist with dressing.
- Maintain good skin care to prevent skin breakdown.
- Plan and prepare meals.
- Do laundry of patient’s normal articles.
- Change bed linen.
- Perform homemaking duties as directed.
- Arrange equipment and furniture for patient’s convenience and safety.
- Help patient and/or family carry out exercised and simple care procedures not requiring nursing judgment and competence which family, patient and/or aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Report any change in patient’s mental or physical condition or family situation.
- Administer medication and medication reminders as assigned by a skilled nurse.
- Never give care requiring nursing judgment or competence.
- May perform nonsterile dressing changes after being trained by a licensed nurse and return demonstration completed.
- Mature person with a warm, friendly personality and is of good physical and mental health.
- Able to read, understand, and carry out directions responsibly.
- Successfully completed Home Health Aide course conducted by area vocational college or equivalent training.
- Understands and maintains confidentiality.
- Must have valid Minnesota driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Full-Time and Part-Time available
- Various shifts
- Weekend rotation
How to Apply
- Contact Tina Blair at 320.634-2259 for inquires.
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.