Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a full-time Hospital Biller. This position is largely responsible for billing of third parties for medical services received provided by Glacial Ridge Health System. The majority of this work is with Medicare and Medicare Advantage insurance carriers. This position is also responsible for filing Hospital and Clinic Workers Compensation, Auto claims, and other third-party claims. This requires effective use of information technology resources, and often depends on the accuracy of the system set up inpatient accounting and billing clearinghouse software applications. The position requires technical knowledge in these areas, as well as in medical coding and billing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting hospital claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within appropriate timeframe.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Research, prepare and follow up on all therapy bills.
- Monitoring assigned Accounts Receivable balances and follow up.
- Answer patient’s billing questions and take payments.
- Assist other staff in their absence or if needed.
- Must participate productively in required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by Business Office Manager or CFO.
- Two years of Hospital or Medical Clinic Billing Experience or Medical Administrative or Medical Coding education required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding and billing practices.
- Must have some experience billing to Medicare.
- Experience in a Rural Health Clinic and/or Critical Access Hospital preferred.
- Must be proficient in basic business software applications.
- Experience working with Centriq software applications preferred.
- Must be friendly, courteous, and responsible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Weekdays, 8:00 a – 4:30 p
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.