LPN Outreach Clinic and Procedure Nurse
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking an LPN to work with providers in our outreach clinics and outpatient procedures. The position is full or part-time with every 6th-weekend rotation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the care, preparation, and maintenance of endoscopic equipment.
- Responsible for arranging for repair of endoscopes and obtaining loaner equipment as needed.
- Responsible for arranging and ordering supplies in GI outreach.
- Responsible for accurate specimen handling and labeling.
- Assist with post-anesthesia recovery and admitting patients as directed.
- Provide direct patient care in a friendly and inviting manner.
- Assist in patient preparation for cystoscopy.
- Provide technical assistance during endoscopic procedures.
- Disinfects equipment for ENT clinic.
- Check supplies for outdating.
- Responsible for keeping decontamination room and reprocessing room stocked and well organized.
- Responsible for training new staff in the endoscopy area.
- Check preventive maintenance schedule and do required procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies.
- Work directly with vendors for new products and supplies.
- Maintain quality records and logs.
- Work with minimal supervision during job duties.
- Clean, prepare and restock exam rooms.
- Direct patients to exam rooms and monitor vitals.
- Assist physician with procedures as directed.
- Administer medications as ordered.
- Direct patients to other locations within the facility as needed.
- Complete all request slips.
- Schedule mammograms, CT scans, ultrasounds, surgery, or any outpatient procedures as directed by the physician.
- Explain procedures and preparation to the patient.
- Set up referral appointments with other clinics and physicians.
- Licensed as an LPN in the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Special training in the principles of endoscopy.
- Specimen management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with staff.
- Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Part-Time or Full-Time
- 1:6 weekend rotation
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.