Licensed Practical Nurse
Responsible to the Charge Nurse and/or Director of Nursing with respect to duties delegated during the course of a shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps up to date on latest nursing techniques and equipment. Attends at least six (6) nursing personnel meetings each year.
- Gives safe and effective direct nursing care by assessment of patient’s condition, developing a written plan of care, implementing the plan, and evaluation of the care given.
- Recognize, interpret, record, and report significant data regarding the patient’s condition.
- Respects other people’s ability or judgment, i.e. during peer review.
- Readily accepted by co-workers.
- Interacts with visitors appropriately.
- Interactions with patients are dignified allowing for decision-making by patients.
- Renders high level of professional care without continued supervision.
- Makes sound decisions under conditions of stress or pressure.
- Accepts additional responsibility without becoming unduly distressed.
Rules and Policy
- Allows policy and procedures for nursing interventions.
- Knows and strives to meet written standards of care.
- Knows and follows the correct format for charting.
- Assists in keeping patient care plans complete and up to date.
- Assist in health teaching of patient and/or family.
- Assist with orientation of new nursing employees.
- Meets or exceeds written standards of patient care.
- Does additional reading or study on an unusual patient problem or condition.
- Assumes professional responsibility for every assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current LPN license within the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Clinical experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Full-time or Part-Time
- Rotating shifts, holidays, and every third weekend.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.