Do you enjoy working with people?
Are you interested in a career in a healthcare setting?
Come work for a healthcare organization the Star Tribune deemed one of Minnesota’s 175 top workplaces in 2021!
We’re looking for a friendly, caring, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Optometry Assistant/Optician at Glenwood Family Eye Center! Your role will be to provide high-quality optical care and outstanding customer service to patients, including helping patients with eyeglasses fittings, eyewear testing, and other optical dispensing. We will train the right candidate!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments.
- Frame selection and fit for patients.
- Frame adjustments and repairs.
- Order and maintain inventory frames and contact lenses.
- Checking in glasses and contact lenses.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about products and determining patients’ needs for eyewear to help recommend specific accessories or enhancements for glasses.
- Insurance verification and billing.
- Answer phones.
- Assist Billing and Coding Specialist as needed.
- High school diploma required.
- Two years of experience in the Optometric field is preferred.
- Certificates in Optometric field preferred; training is available.
- Prior sales experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Monday – Friday
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.