Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a responsible and self-motivated phlebotomist to perform a variety of lab procedures. The position is every other to every third weekend and is up to a .08 FTE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow department procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and recordkeeping.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the lab’s quality control policies; document all quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance.
- Follow the lab’s corrective action plan for whenever test systems are not within established acceptable ranges.
- Capable of identifying problems, demonstrates ability to troubleshoot, correct or notify supervisor.
- Document all corrective action taken.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have documentation of training and such training must ensure that the individual has:
- The skills required for proper specimen collection, including patient preparation, if applicable, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or preparation, transportation, and storage of specimens;
- The skills required for implementing all standard laboratory procedures with regard to specimen collection, rejection, handling, and storage; patient preparation; all waived methodologies;
- The skills required for performing and properly utilizing each waived test method;
- The skills required to implement the quality control policies and procedures for all waived testing performed in the laboratory;
- An awareness of the factors that influence test results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- 0.8 position
- Weekend rotation – every other to every third weekend
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.