Radiology Unit Coordinator
Glacial Ridge Health System’s Radiology Department is seeking a full-time Radiology Unit Coordinator to perform clerical functions relating to patient care and the efficient operation of the Radiology Department. This person coordinates the radiology’s work area, including appointment scheduling, patient registration, data entry, and communication with the health care team to provide excellent patient care. Under supervision of the Radiology Manager, is responsible for maintaining complete, accurate, and confidential patient medical charts as legal documents, ordering supplies as directed, and answering general inquiries from patients, visitors, and telephone callers. May assist with in-service education and quality assurance functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers all incoming calls to the unit.
- Scheduling Radiology appointments.
- Welcomes and directs patients into the department.
- Utilizes EMR for patient admission, scheduling, referrals, and any other tasks to maintain a high-functioning radiology department.
- Maintains and coordinates Radiology department schedule, medical charts, and patient referrals.
- Coordination with ancillary departments.
- Assesses and organizes workload, determines order of importance to prioritize tasks, and provides efficient time management.
- Keeps Radiology work area organized and adequately stocked with office supplies and forms; reorders supplies as necessary. Keeps appearance of office and surrounding area neat and in order.
- Reports to Radiology Manager with any situation that is a hazard to patient safety.
- Supports and participates in activities that promote customer satisfaction.
- Must be friendly, courteous, and responsible.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience with medical terminology, office procedures, office equipment, clerical techniques, and computers is preferred but can train on the job.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and work effectively with patients and /or patient families, personnel, medical staff, and general public.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well during stressful situations.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed departmental routines.
- Ability to learn and utilize EMR to ensure quality patient care.
- Ability to understand and follow hospital policies and procedures.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Monday – Friday
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.