Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant who is passionate about caring for others and excited to work in this vital role. In collaboration with our healthcare team, CNAs assist patients with activities of daily living, assist with transport to ancillary departments, obtain vital signs, and communicate patient needs efficiently to the nursing staff. This position is full-time, evenings, and every third weekend.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To give safe and effective bedside care in accordance with the philosophy of the Nursing Department.
- Recognize and report significant data regarding patient’s condition to nurse in charge of the unit.
- Assume responsibility for the housekeeping of unit as to bedside units, supply closets, equipment, etc.
- Provide for continual self-growth by participating in in-service education programs.
- Participate in programs that enable a safe and pleasant atmosphere for patients, employees, and visitors (safety programs, infection control, etc.).
- Assist with orientation for new Nursing Assistants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to observe and recognize symptoms in patients and adequately communicate these symptoms to the nurse in charge of the unit or the nurse caring for the patient.
- Must have patience and tact in dealing with patients and their families.
- Must show a genuine interest in the bedside care of patients, with much emphasis on the completeness of this care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Evenings and every third weekend
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.