Clinic LPN or Medical Assistant – Glenwood
Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a full-time LPN or Medical Assistant to work with a family medicine physician. All clinic LPNs and Medical Assistants are cross-trained with other clinic staff and may work at Brooten Medical Center and Starbuck Medical Center as needed to help cover vacations, etc.
Assist physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants with patient care as needed within the scope of your license. Maintain a high standard of quality healthcare, and inform and support patients.
- Current LPN or Medical Assistant license.
- Current State License in good standing.
- Clinic experience optimal.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job.
- Must adhere to HIPAA requirements.
- Experience in a clinic setting preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean, prepare and restock exam rooms.
- Direct patients to exam rooms and monitor vitals.
- Assess patients as to severity of complaint or injury and the expediency to which should be seen by a physician.
- Assist physician with procedures as directed.
- Administer medications and allergy shots as ordered.
- Direct patients to other locations within the facility as needed.
- Complete all request slips.
- Schedule mammograms, CT scans, ultrasounds, surgery, or any outpatient procedures as directed by the physician.
- Perform hearing and tympanogram tests for individuals and companies; UA collection for routine and company drug screens; ear washes; BPV’s; EKG’s; immunizations; dressing changes.
- Send reports of pap smears, mammogram results or any follow-up calls (including Labs) to patients under the direction of the physician.
- Explain procedures and preparation to patient.
- Clean instruments and package for sterilization.
- Intercede and screen phone calls for physician or nurse practitioner.
- Record prescription refills in patient charts.
- Organize and control sample medications.
- Take inventory of stock supplies and recorder as necessary.
- Set up referral appointments with other clinics and physicians.
- May have to draw blood from patients, take x-rays, do audiology testing. If this is directed, employee will be provided support and training to accomplish these duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To provide patients with the quality care they deserve and expect in a courteous and concerned atmosphere.
- To get along with co-workers and do the best job possible.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
- Weekend rotation at Glenwood Medical Center’s Walk-In Clinic.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Dana Gorghuber, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.