Glenwood Medical Center is seeking a part-time clinic receptionist, 32 hours a week, to provide a favorable first impression to patients and support the quality of medical care by assisting staff and patients. Receptionists may work at Brooten Medical Center and Starbuck Medical Center as needed to help cover vacations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide everyone with an exceptional experience at each interaction – including greeting, smiling, tone of voice, and facial expressions.
- Schedule appointments, as well as coordinate multiple appointments using scheduling protocol.
- Check patients in, review and update patient information (name, address, phone number, insurance information, etc.). Including using Eligibility Software.
- Set up new patient accounts.
- Communicate with peers.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and messages. Use the paging system as necessary.
- Direct patient questions and concerns including bills and insurance to appropriate GRHS personnel.
- Accept and record payments for patient bills.
- Balance cash at the end of the day.
- Check satellite clinic bags.
- Assist hospital receptionist and outreach scheduler.
- Maintain a clean desk and general office space.
- Medical Administration Specialist or comparable degree is preferable or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience maintaining good working relationships with other staff.
- Ability to use an EMR for patient documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Part-Time, generally 32 hours each week.
- Varying shifts to include an opening shift and an evening shift per week.
- Weekend rotation at Glenwood Medical Center’s Walk-In Clinic.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Dana Gorghuber, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.