Coding Specialist – Clinic
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a full-time Coding Specialist – Clinic in the Health Information Management department. The Coding Specialist – Clinic applies the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to individual patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. This position also applies codes for professional fees for services performed in the hospital and clinic settings. Once trained, this position can be remote!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records.
- Assigns ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes as necessary.
- Queries physicians and other providers when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Conducts regular provider education pertaining to coding and documentation.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Brings identified concerns to supervisor for resolution.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Minimum of successful completion of an accredited coding certificate program.
- RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, or CPC certification required within six months of hire.
- Experience as a coder or strong training background in coding and reimbursement preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.