Perfect opportunity for high-school students available to work Monday – Friday afternoons and every other weekend with rotating holidays. Approximately 15-18 hours per week. If you have a desire for learning and heart for serving, we’re hiring! Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking responsible and self-motivated dietary aides to perform kitchen preparation and assist cooks in serving attractive and nutritional meals. We hire for attitude and teamwork so we will train the right person.
- Kitchen experience desirable, but not required.
- Able to read, write and make simple calculations.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to organize work to meet service time schedules.
- Able to learn the restrictions of various diets as stated in diet manual.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help the cook with patient tray set-up.
- Help serve hot food to employees and guests in the café.
- Help prepare special meals needed for meetings.
- Prepare portions and serve foods and beverages on the trays.
- Sanitizes dishes and return dried dishes to the proper areas in kitchen.
- Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning schedule.
- Cleans and sanitizes all work spaces and equipment.
- Trash removal to designated areas, sweeping and mopping of floors.
- Check and stock all supplies throughout hospital.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested at any time.
- Attends scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Perform the work that needs to be completed.
- To ensure the best quality in all foods served.
- Consistently maintain high safety and sanitary standards set by the Nutrition Services Department.
- Ability to work positively in a fast paced environment, ability to multitask and strive for excellence.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued performance.
- 4:00-7:00 p.m. weekdays AND
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays. Weekend and holiday schedules may be 10:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. or 4:00-7:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Dana Gorghuber, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.