EMT – Brooten
Glacial Ridge Ambulance is seeking EMTs responsible for delivering and administering high-quality care and transportation to ill and injured patients. EMTs must demonstrate clinical competency and compassion in providing for the physical and emotional needs of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform emergency medical care to and transport ill and injured persons at the level of current certification/licensure and education, adhering to the protocols of the service and applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and statutes.
- Promote an environment of teamwork with fellow crew and various outside agencies which ambulance personnel work with. Communicate tactfully, professionally, and sensitively to the patient(s), family, bystanders, volunteers, and other professionals that will be encountered during a call.
- Respond to ambulance runs and calls in a timely manner.
- Operate the emergency vehicle safely, adhering to the guidelines from the EVOC curricula and applicable laws and statutes governing the operations of said vehicles.
- Maintain vehicle compartments and equipment during the shift, reporting all deficiencies to the manager or their designee; cleans equipment and restocks supplies after a run; does various equipment/truck check as required by the company.
- Collect and record patient data, assessment, and treatments provided accurately on the medical record and adhere to GRHS policy and HIPAA requirements regarding patients’ right to privacy. Complete and file the appropriate documentation for each run in a timely manner for the continuance of care, QA/QI, and billing purposes.
- Perform work related to public relations as required (e.g. school demonstrations, standbys at local events, interagency drills, etc.).
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading maps – paper, electronic or otherwise – and navigating the call area.
- Maintain active status by signing up for the minimum required hours each month and/or working as scheduled; maintain licensure via refreshers, seminars, and CEU’s as needed. (Some training will be provided, some training will need to be accomplished by the employee.)
- Maintain a professional appearance, especially when dealing with the public, acting professionally at all times; shall handle conflict situations with good judgment.
- Attends required training as delineated by federal, state, and local laws and statutes (e.g. annual infection control training, Haz-Mat training, etc.)
- Perform any and all duties requested or assigned by the manager or their designee.
- Prefer at least 5 years’ experience in EMS field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Current National Registry certification is encouraged.
- Current MN certification.
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider CPR.
- Current, non-suspended or revoked, MN driver’s license and have an insurable driving record.
- Must have proof of training in Emergency Vehicle Operations (EVOC).
- Must be physically and mentally able to safely perform the responsibilities and duties of the position. This will require you to be in good physical health with no medical disabilities that would impair your ability to perform the duties required of the position. Sometimes the duties will be performed in hazardous locations, such as highways, farms, and industrial areas; or, you may be working with violent patients or in situations that violence could potentially erupt.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds or more with assistance; there is considerable lifting and moving of heavy patients from various physical places that may NOT allow for proper lifting techniques.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Perform the work that needs to be completed, with or without supervisor’s presence.
- To act with the health, welfare, and comfort of the patient being transported in mind.
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Volunteer, Paid Stipend
- Days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.