Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking an ER/Outreach Receptionist to provide excellent customer service. The receptionist will gather all information necessary on each and every admission, make sure that all information is accurately keyed into the computer while answering the switchboard, and routing calls to the proper extensions. Maintain an organized schedule for outreach specialties in your area. Schedule, remind, and route required information to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule outpatient appointments and check patients in, review and update patient information (name, address, phone number, insurance information, etc.).
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and messages as necessary. Use the paging system as necessary.
- Complete and enter patient Medicare surveys.
- Responsible for sending and receiving fax messages for outreach physicians in a timely fashion.
- Schedule dates when consulting physicians will be visiting and distribute to the director of nursing. Fax scheduled events report to consulting physicians.
- Create and maintain monthly outreach calendars for clinic and hospital staff.
- Fill out appointment confirmation card for patients, send forms to patients (if necessary), call patients for an appointment reminder and give patients verbal instructions if needed.
- Check-in ER patients getting all pertinent information for billing.
- Working the ER Weekend/Holiday rotation as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager or CFO.
- Must have a strong background in customer service.
- Must have experience with personal computers and be able to be trained to operate certain software applications.
- Must be friendly, courteous, responsible, organized, and well-groomed.
- One to two years post-high school training in clerical or administration is preferred.
- One year prior experience in scheduling, registration, or healthcare is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Weekend/holiday rotation
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.