ER Receptionist – Evenings
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a receptionist to gather information on admissions, make sure that all information is accurate and accurately keyed into computer while answering the switchboard, and routing calls to the proper extensions. Assist outreach schedulers as needed. Work on projects as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register patients, verify, and update necessary demographic information.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls and messages as necessary. Use the paging system as necessary.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefit coverage.
- Call patients for an appointment reminder and give patients verbal instructions if needed.
- Effectively communicate with nursing staff regarding ER patients; including, but not limited to: patient complaint, registration status (amount of time until the patient will be able to see the nurse), visitors or family members waiting to see patient, if you are waiting for confirmation of ambulance transfer, etc.
- Direct and/or accompanies visitors to patients as appropriate and informs visitors of hospital regulations as necessary.
- Cross-train for hospital reception / outreach admissions.
- Reports to DON or Charge Nurse any situation that is a hazard to patient safety.
- Work the ER weekend/holiday rotation as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager or CFO.
- Must have a strong background in customer service.
- Must have experience with personal computers and be able to be trained to operate certain software applications.
- Must be friendly, courteous, responsible, and well-groomed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Evenings 3p – 11:30p
- Monday – Friday
- Weekend/holiday rotation at ER reception.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download application from career page, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.