Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a full-time File Clerk. This person is responsible for managing the medical records of the clinic, including preparing, storing, and retrieving patient health records. Reviews medical records for compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist patients in completing Release of Information (ROI) forms.
- Scan reports into the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) as directed.
- Extract data from the EMR as directed.
- Prepare worksheets for the practice.
- Answer phones, listen to messages and promptly return calls.
- Access the online patient portal and assure patient requests for HIM are being addressed.
- Help complete and upload chart audits with various insurance companies.
- Pick up provider in boxes and station in-boxes.
- Deliver mail to provider offices and to the mail room.
- Shred records when directed.
- Adhere to practice standards, policies and protocol.
- Maintain a clean desk and general office space.
- Graduate of a program in medical records, medical assistant, office practice or equivalent training.
- Computer experience or knowledge is preferred.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be willing to work after regular business hours.
- Must be trustworthy to work without supervision.
- Must strive for accuracy and neatness.
- Must be friendly, courteous and responsible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.