Hospice Spiritual Care Coordinator
Glacial Ridge Homecare and Hospice is seeking a part-time Hospice Spiritual Care Coordinator to provide each Hospice client/family spiritual care and counseling.
(This position could be combined with the part-time Hospice Medical Social Worker position if qualified.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a religious/spiritual plan of care that includes spiritual and religious assessments for client/family/significant other.
- Offers and provides pastoral care and counsel
- Function as a liaison, making community connections with religious professionals who can offer additional resources to the patient and family.
- Works directly with and is part of the interdisciplinary team that works towards the holistic well-being of all.
- Act as a resource to the client’s religious and spiritual concerns and spiritual pain.
Standard of Spiritual Care
- As part of their education, the Spiritual Care Coordinator will have studied many religions, cultures, and ways of being spiritual.
- The SCC is trained to offer a ministry of presence to the patient and family wherever they are at in their spiritual journey at end-of-life.
- Sometimes the response includes an appropriate religious ritual or prayer.
- Sometimes the response is spiritual affirmation but not religious and other times it is neither spiritual nor religious.
- This is not intended to replace the person’s personal clergy or belief practices.
- The SCC can offer spiritual support, guidance, or comfort to those who have no formal connection and/or can be a liaison to an established church home for those who have a support system in place.
- The coordinator also provides comfort and support for family and other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field.
- 1 to 3 years of active ministry in church or healthcare setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Theological understanding and respect towards all faith expressions.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must be able to support the emotional well-being of the client/family.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to: Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.