Outpatient Nursing Tech
Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking an Outpatient Nursing Tech to assist RNs in delivering high-quality care to patients in the Emergency Department and Outpatient clinic areas (primarily Wound Care). Responsible to the Emergency Department Manager, Wound Care RN, or Director of Nursing with respect to the duties delegated.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Give safe and effective bedside care in accordance with the philosophy of the Nursing Department.
- Recognize and report significant data regarding patient’s condition to nurse in charge of the unit.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment with appropriate inventory of necessary supplies, instruments, and functioning equipment. This includes making sure the rooms are ready for the next patient.
- Assist with the needs, comfort, and routine treatment procedures of patients.
- Assist with transporting patients.
- Answer and route calls to the correct person or take messages while maintaining polite and professional communication.
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and managing records.
- Utilize EMR for patient admission, patient transfer to another facility, and patient discharge.
- Utilize EMR to accurately transcribe physician orders in a timely fashion. Notifies RN of pertinent information and orders.
- Assess and organize workload, determine order of importance to prioritize tasks, and have efficient time management.
- Provide for continual self-growth by participating in in-service education programs.
- Participate in programs that enable a safe and pleasant atmosphere for patients, employees, and visitors (safety programs, infection control, etc.).
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant certification program
- Must be able to observe and recognize symptoms in patients and adequately communicate these symptoms to the nurse in charge of the unit or the nurse caring for the patient.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with patients and /or patient families, personnel, medical staff, and general public.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work well during stressful situations.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed departmental routines.
- Ability to learn and utilize EMR to ensure quality patient care.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures, office equipment, and clerical techniques.
- Must have patience and tact in dealing with patients and their families.
- Must show a genuine interest in the bedside care of patients, with much emphasis on the completeness of this care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- 32 hours per week
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.