Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a Surgical Technician responsible for maintaining a high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures.
- Satisfactorily has completed training as a surgical technician. LPN staff with training in the surgical technician position. Nursing Assistant training may be considered.
- Special training in the principles of sterilization.
- Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
- Must meet physical requirements of job.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the care, preparation and maintenance of sterile and unsterile items in OR
- Use sterile technique when applicable. Monitor and report any breaks in technique.
- Provide for patient safety.
- Provide care that exceeds patient expectations.
- Restock sterile supplies in the OR, ER and surgical suite.
- Check supplies for outdating.
- Check preventive maintenance schedule and do required procedures.
- Assist in surgery as necessary.
- Assist with outpatient/inpatient procedures (pericentesis, thoracentesis, bone marrow biopsy, epidurals).
- Maintain cleaning supplies in ER for instruments.
- Keep a record of procedures performed.
- Assist with Endoscopic procedures (records, procedures, cleaning and upkeep of scope and all related items).
- Assist in other areas of the hospital as trained and directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities on Surgery Day:
- Wipe down surfaces in the OR to prep.
- Assist in setting up room.
- Help transfer patient to and from OR.
- Assist in post-surgery cleaning.
- Wipe the outer surfaces of the Neptune.
- Mop floor with disinfectant solution.
- Set up the OR with the supplies from the turnover kit.
- Assist surgeon as needed.
- Responsible to perform accurate counts with the Circulating Nurse.
- Assist with sterilizing instruments.
- Detailed policy available upon request or upon hire regarding set-up duties for day of surgery.
- To provide for overall safe and productive environment that meets or exceeds standards set by the organization.
- To be a team player, to be a self-starter.
- To be able to tolerate extended periods of standing while assisting during surgery.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
- Part-Time or Full-Time
- Days with on-call responsibilities
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Gordon Paulson, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.