Surgical 1st Assist
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a Surgical 1st Assist. This position is responsible to O.R. Manager and operating surgeon for completing job as well as maintaining high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures. Assist surgeons, registered nurses, and other members of the surgical team in the operating room. Primarily works with general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and OB/GYN surgeries. May also work as a surgical technologist.
- Certification through the American Association of Surgical Technologists, or certification from the American Association of Surgical Assistants, or evidence of comparable certification, or evidence from your sponsor clearly outlining surgical training.
- Accredited Certified Surgical Assisting degree mandatory and must be maintained during employment.
- Must meet physical requirements of job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in surgical cases in the role of the First Assist includes but is not limited to:
- Sponge, retract, suction, cauterize, cut suture, suture skin and subcutaneous tissue, handle hemostats on tissue, tie suture, apply surgical dressings, operation of laparoscopic equipment.
- Participate and actively assist the surgeon in the performance of the surgical procedure. May provide aid in exposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions.
- Provides first or second assisting, as determined by the operating surgeon who supervises and directs the assistant.
- May need to act in the role of the Surgical Technologist as needed.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To provide for overall safe and productive environment that meets or exceeds standards set by the organization.
- To be a team player, to be a self-starter.
- To be able to tolerate extended periods of standing while assisting during surgery.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
- List of privileges will need to be approved by Med./Surgical Staff.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
- Days with on-call rotation
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Gordon Paulson, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.