Responsible to OR Manager for completing the job as well as maintaining a high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures. Assist surgeons, registered nurses, and other members of the surgical team in the operating room. Work with the surgical team to achieve a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Completion of a certificate program in surgical technology.
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- Two years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Special training in the principles of sterilization.
- Ability to monitor yourself, others, and machines to ensure proper performance.
- Consistent ability to coordinate tasks and actions with a team.
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job including persistent arm-hand steadiness, and manual dexterity.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the sterile field throughout surgical procedures.
- Assist the surgical team with scrubbing in and putting on gowns and gloves.
- Pass surgical instruments to surgeons as needed during surgical procedures.
- Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at surgeon’s request during procedures.
- Handle tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis.
- Count sponges, rags, needles, sharps, and instruments before, during, and after procedures.
- Assist with sterile processing of instrumentation when on call.
- Clean, organize and restock the operating room following surgical procedures.
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures.
- Offer technical assistance to the surgical team: surgeons, nurses, and CRNA’s.
- Assist in other areas of the hospital as trained and directed.
- To provide an overall safe and productive environment that meets or exceeds standards set by the organization.
- To be a team player, to be a self-starter.
- To be able to tolerate extended periods of standing while assisting during surgery.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Gordon Paulson, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.