Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking Surgical Technologists to assist surgeons, registered nurses, and other members of the surgical team in the operating room. Work with the surgical team to achieve a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment. Maintain a high degree of patient safety and strict infection control procedures. Positions include full-time, part-time, and/or casual employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the sterile field throughout surgical procedures.
- Assist the surgical team with scrubbing in and putting on gowns and gloves.
- Pass surgical instruments to surgeons as needed during surgical procedures.
- Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at surgeon’s request during procedures.
- Handle tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis.
- Count sponges, rags, needles, sharps, and instruments before, during, and after procedures.
- Assist with sterile processing of instrumentation when on call.
- Clean, organize and restock the operating room following surgical procedures.
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures.
- Offer technical assistance to the surgical team: surgeons, nurses, and CRNA’s.
- Assist in other areas of the hospital as trained and directed.
- Completion of a certificate program in surgical technology.
- Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting preferred.
- Two years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Special training in the principles of sterilization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to monitor yourself, others, and machines to ensure proper performance.
- Consistent ability to coordinate tasks and actions with a team.
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be very conscientious about doing work carefully and accurately.
- Provide an overall safe and productive environment that meets or exceeds standards set by the organization.
- Team player, self-starter.
- Able to tolerate extended periods of standing while assisting during surgery.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Must receive COVID-19 vaccine and any future COVID booster shots or vaccines.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Full-Time or Part-Time
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.