Therapy Receptionist – ER Rotation
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a Therapy Receptionist – ER Rotation to provide excellent customer service. The receptionist will gather all information necessary on every admission, and make sure that all information is accurately keyed into the computer, including insurance information. Answer calls to Therapy Services department and route calls when necessary. Maintain an organized schedule for Therapies. Schedule, remind, and route required information to patients. The Therapy Receptionist position is Monday – Friday days, and ER Receptionist is every 5th weekend/holiday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy appointments.
- Check patients in, review and update patient information (name, address, phone number, insurance information, etc.).
- Manage insurance requirements for therapy services including prior – authorizations.
- Assist with the discharge process.
- Process provider orders including verifying orders are complete and signed.
- Answer and direct phone calls and messages as necessary.
- Assist patients as directed by therapists.
- Work the ER Reception – weekend/holiday rotation as assigned.
- Create a positive first impression for customers and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned by Therapy Manager and/or Business Office Manager.
- Must have a strong background in customer service.
- Two-year administrative degree preferred.
- Must have experience with personal computers and the ability to be trained to operate certain software applications.
- Must be friendly, courteous, responsible, organized, and well-groomed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Every 5th weekend/holiday rotation for ER Reception, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.