Living with Diabetes: An Educational Guide for Patients with Diabetes
The Living with Diabetes program offered by Glacial Ridge Health System is here to help you with:
- Type 2
- Type 1
- Gestational diabetes
- Insulin pump therapy
- Problem solving high or low blood sugars
- Food and Nutrition plans for better blood sugars, cholesterol, blood pressure and weight management
How can a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) help you?
- Answer your questions about carbohydrates, healthy fats, meal and snack ideas
- Explain how to reverse or prevent diabetes
- Teach you how to monitor your blood sugar
- Explain how your diabetes medications work
- Help you understand how activity, stress and illness affect your blood sugar
- Help you prevent diabetes complications
- Work with you to problem solve high or low blood sugars
When should you schedule an appointment?
- When you are newly diagnosed
- When you have a change in medication
- If your A1c is over 7 or the target your doctor has suggested
- Annually to get updated on new diabetes information
- Anytime you feel you are struggling to manage diabetes
Our program, accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators, will provide you with the information, skills, and tools that you need to understand and take care of your diabetes day to day. We are here to help you problem solve and reach your goals of better health and diabetes control. Ask your doctor for a referral.