Orthopedic surgeons specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries, diseases, and illnesses. The musculoskeletal system includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and spine as well as deformities.
Areas of treatment include:
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Hand & Wrist
- Foot & Ankle
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Physical Therapy
You should see an Orthopedic Surgeon for the following symptoms:
- Pain in joints or muscles lasting more than 3 days
- Joint pain that worsens when resting or at night
- Difficulty carrying objects or using a particular hand or arm
- Any deformity of joints
- Inability to straighten back or stiffness when standing
- Swelling or bruising around joints
As a general rule, you should see an orthopedic surgeon when you experience a significant change in the ease-of-use to any part of your musculoskeletal system. Effective treatment can improve your quality of life by alleviating pain and restoring function.
To schedule a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon at Glacial Ridge Hospital in Glenwood, Minnesota, call 320.295.7724.