- This event has passed.
5K Scrub Run/Walk
June 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Kick-off summer vacation with a fun run along Lake Minnewaska!
The GRHS 5K Scrub Run/Walk is a family event, dogs and strollers are welcome! The race is timed, but not officially, with proceeds going toward a local cause – Glacial Ridge Hospice.
Pre-registered* participants choose from either a t-shirt or rocker-style tank top.
Whatever your health and fitness goals are, with an attitude of “I can and I will”, you can achieve them. Inspired by Dr. Mark Johnson, everyone at Glacial Ridge Health System wishes you well and encourages you to get active and stay active.
Schedule of Events:
Registration and T-shirt Pickup:
Friday, June 10 at Glenwood Lakes Area Chamber and Welcome Center in Glenwood – 4-6 pm
Saturday, June 11 at City Park – 7:45-8:30 am
Race: Saturday, June 11 at the Lakeside Ballroom (City Park) Parking Lot – 9 am
Awards at approximately 10:15 am – First Place male and First Place female medal, and door prize drawings (must be present to win).
Course: The 5K will start and end at the Lakeside Ballroom parking lot. The course will follow North Lakeshore Drive and loop around the Captains Bar & Grill parking lot. A water station will be provided along the route.
Attire: Good running or walking shoes! Participants are encouraged to wear scrubs for the race, or your new Scrub Run shirt.
After the Race: Stretch and rejuvenate. Post-race refreshments will be provided at the finish line.
The price is $25 for 16 and older, and $20 for 15 and younger. Plus it includes a cool shirt.To ensure you receive a t-shirt or tank-top (advanced registration needed), please register before May 25*.
Same-day registration is available at the park between 7:45-8:30 am, it’s just $5 more for same-day registration. Shirts are available on a first-come basis.
- Through June 10: $25 for 16 and over, $20 for 15 and under
Download and print a Registration Form Make checks payable to GRHS and send your check along with the form to: Glacial Ridge Health System Attn: Scrub Run, 10 Fourth Avenue SE, Glenwood, MN 56334*NOTE: Due to continued supply chain issues, shirts are subject to availability and may be substituted for a different brand, style, or color. Thank you for understanding.
Check out the various programs and calendars you can follow to help you train for a 5K.
Your first steps include:
- Own a very good pair of running shoes. Make sure they are appropriate for your feet and the way you run/walk.
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day, or more if it’s hot outside or you’re exerting yourself.
Other good ideas:
- Run with a buddy, even if you don’t run at the same pace. You’ll keep each other accountable.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good. Yes, your workout clothes can help get your workout started, and they can improve your performance.
- Add some strength training into your routine.
- Don’t forget to warm-up before you exercise with some dynamic stretching to get your heart and muscles warmed up a little. Save the 30-second stretches for after your run/walk. Aim for 5 minutes both before and after a strenuous workout.