- This event has passed.
Virtual Scrub Run 2020 (or Walk, Bike, Hike – just be active!)
You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go!
Keep moving through COVID-19! The GRHS 5K Scrub Run was inspired by Dr. Mark Johnson 6 years ago because he was always a strong advocate for living a healthy and active lifestyle. The background of this event has always been a “family-friendly event; and whatever your health and fitness goals are, you can achieve them.” Your daily life can include physical activity and movement of any form!
Keep it simple – 2020 Virtual Scrub Run Rules:
- Saturday, June 13 – any time of the day
- Run, Walk, Hike, or Bike – alone or with your family
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from members of other households
- Go the distance that challenges you – one mile or 10 miles, it’s up to you!
- Take pictures! Have FUN and get creative! Post your picture to your Facebook page and you will be entered in a drawing. Tag Glacial Ridge Health System and use the hashtag #scrubrun2020
- BONUS: Double your chances by wearing scrubs, or a Scrub Run t-shirt from a previous year.
- The drawing will be held on Monday, June 15, and announced on Facebook. Winners will be notified. Prizes you could win include a $30 Screen Prints Plus, $30 Lakeside, or $30 Captains Bar & Grill gift card (one gift card per winner).
- Rain Date – Sunday, June 14, 2020
TIPS: Remember to warm-up before any activity, and stretch when you are done. Incorporating flexibility training into your cool-down routine is as important as your strength and cardio workouts. Wear appropriate footwear. Stay hydrated.
We plan to see you all again at the 7th Annual Scrub Run – Summer of 2021