Glacial Ridge Health System’s Therapy Services Department is seeking a casual position Athletic Trainer to provide athletic training services for our facility, school, and community. Deliver a full range of services to include Athletic Training examinations, evaluations, and other related services for patients of Glacial Ridge Health System and students of the local school system. Will strongly consider a licensed Athletic Trainer with is also a licensed PT/PTA or eligible. Opportunities exist for orthopedic clinic coverage and possibly surgical assist.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver first aid and emergency care to athletes and patients.
- Evaluations of injuries and communication of the findings to the coaches, parents, physicians, and other appropriate people.
- Design or help carry out home programs for injured athletes.
- Provide preventative taping and strapping to athletes, and education to coaching staff as needed.
- Provide nutrition and health consultation to student athletes.
- Establish injury reduction programs, flexibility, strength and conditioning programs in coordination with coaching staff at local school.
- Provide resources for coaches on all health care and athletic issues including, but not limited to, training for all coaches in basic first aid and injury assessment.
- Manage imPACT concussion management program.
- Develop and implement a post-injury recovery program that identifies individualized recovery guidelines, and establishes return to activity criteria.
- Perform other patient-related duties to include, but not limited to, assisting Orthopedics, Family Practice, and ER with brace fitting and crutch training, and other tasks as assigned.
- Certified Athletic Trainer with the Board of Certification.
- Current (or eligible for) Minnesota Athletic Trainer licensure from MN Board of Medical Practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification to include CPR /AED required within one month of hire.
- Previous Athletic Training experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Knowledge of Athletic Training concepts, basic first aid, and injury prevention strategies.
- Knowledge of impact concussion program and evidenced-based rehabilitation programs.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Casual hours
- Some nights and weekends
How to Apply
- Call Craig Curry, Therapy Services Manager, at 320.334.5801 for inquiries.
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.