PENSION PLAN – When an employee contributes at least 3.5% of their gross wages, GRHS will provide a 5% match. To be eligible you must be 20 years of age and work at least 20 hours a week. 100% vesting after 6 years and many diversified investment choices are available. Contributions can be made immediately upon employment and a Roth deduction option is available also.
HEALTH INSURANCE – Medical/Surgical Health Insurance with prescription drug benefit is available to employees (and their families) who work at least 20 hours weekly. Employee premiums are pre-taxed, saving 23-30% in payroll tax dollars. Employees are eligible for coverage on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT – Pre-tax up to $2,750 annually for medical and/or $5,000 for daycare expenses. You may roll-over $500 of your unused flex plan dollars in your medical flex account from one year to the next. Pre-taxation of benefits results in a 25-30% savings in annual payroll taxes. Convenient bank Direct Deposits are available for receiving reimbursable expenses.
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT – An HSA works with our high deductible health plan and allows you to pre-tax up to $3,550 for single coverage or $7,100 for family coverage annually. The money can be used to reimburse yourself for eligible medical expenses. Employees enrolling in the HSA plan for the first time in 2020 receive dollar for dollar matching annual contributions from GRHS up to $500 for single coverage and $1,000 for family coverage.
PAID LIFE INSURANCE – Group Term Life Insurance is an employee benefit paid 100% by GRHS. The Life Insurance amount is equal to the previous year’s gross salary. It is eligible to those who have worked one year and a minimum of 30 hours a week.
ADDITIONAL LIFE INSURANCE – This is an optional benefit providing very competitive and affordable life insurance for employees (and their families) if they work more than 20 hours a week.
DENTAL INSURANCE – Two optional dental plans are available to eligible employees and their families on a pre-tax payroll deduction; Base Plan or Buy-up Plan.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY (STDA) – Full and Part-time employees accrue STDA, which provides paid time off for extended illnesses and injuries.
SHORT AND LONG TERM DISABILITY – An optional benefit available through payroll deduction which provides competitive rates on short and long-term disability policies for employees who work more than 20 hours a week.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) – Full and Part-time employees accrue PTO, which is a flexible system that combines vacation, sick and holiday time.
PAID BEREAVEMENT LEAVE – Employees are given up to three paid days per calendar year for the death of a close family member, as specified in the GRHS personnel manual.
LEGAL PLANS AND IDENTITY THEFT INSURANCE – Optional benefit plans providing access to top-quality lawyers and monitoring of your credit record to help prevent and restore identity if identity theft occurs.
WELLNESS CENTER – There is a $25 maximum monthly cost for use of Glacial Ridge Wellness Center including the equipment, aerobic classes, and activities. With the health insurance plan, it is $5 if you use the Wellness Center 12+ times a month!
DIRECT DEPOSIT – No-cost electronic transfer to any combination of up to four employee bank(s) accounts.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM – Employee wellness is not just a diet and exercise plan. An Employee Wellness program is used to boost team morale, promote health and wellness, and decrease sick-time and employee turnover. There is no cost to employees.
DISCOUNT PROGRAMS – Discounts on products and services are available to GRHS employees through MedAssets and local businesses. GRHS is only sharing this information with employees and does NOT receive any financial benefit from these programs.
- Glenwood Family Eye Center – Employees receive 25% off glasses and 10% off contacts. Additional discounts available to the public include 20% off self-pay exam and 50% off 2nd pair of RX eyewear.
- MedAssets Employee Program Discounts – Receive discounts on products and services from vendors such as Office Depot/Office Max, AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Sherwin Williams, and Avis Rent-A-Car. The discount programs range from software and telecommunications to maintenance supplies and artwork. MedAssets is a company that partners with healthcare providers such as GRHS to improve their financial strength by implementing programs that help control cost, increase revenue, and optimize operational efficiency.
- Verizon Discounts – As a GRHS employee, Verizon offers a 22% discount on plans and 25% off of accessories. To register, use your @glacialridge.org email address at www.verizonwireless.com/discounts, or bring a copy of your pay stub/direct deposit slip to any Verizon store. GRHS does NOT receive any financial benefit from this program. See MedAssets Employee Programs for more Verizon discounts.
- Alexandria Medical Apparel – Receive a 10% discount on regular priced items, just show your ID badge. Located at 1700 Broadway Street, Suite 103 in Alexandria. Hours are Monday-Friday 9a-7p and Saturday 10a-5p.
- Entertainment Discounts – Receive discounts on Minnesota Zoo tickets, Valley Fair tickets, and Renaissance Festival tickets for you and your family. Tickets are available in HR.
- Rasmussen College – As a corporate partner of Rasmussen College, employees and their immediate family members receive 10% off tuition.
- Glenwood State Bank – Advantage Banking – This is a benefit banking package with special offers on banking, real estate, and insurance services. Contact the bank.
- Eagle Bank – This is a benefit banking package with special offers on banking and insurance services. Contact the bank.
- Ace Hardware – Glenwood – 5% total purchase—exclusions include Power Tools, Weber Grills, and all Sale items.
- A & W – Glenwood – 10% off any regular priced item on Mondays & Tuesdays all day for employee’s meal.
- Minnewaska House – Buy any appetizer or burger, get 2nd appetizer or burger half off.
- Glacial Ridge Computing – 10% off service or equipment.
- Grand Stay Hotel – Glenwood – Discounts on Double Queen Room or a King Deluxe (King bed with an extra sitting room) – both sleep up to 4 people.
- Napa – Glenwood – 10% off any service.
- Brownies Tire Service – 10% off entire bill with a maximum of $500 for any Automotive or Mechanical service.
- Pope County Tribune – 3 months free with 1- year subscription—15 papers total.
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.