PENSION PLAN – GRHS contributes 1.5% of employee earnings plus a match of up to 3.5% of their gross wages for a total employer contribution of 5%. To be eligible, you must be 20 years of age or over and have worked 1,000 hours in the plan year. 100% vesting after 7 years and many diversified investment choices are available. Contributions can be made immediately upon employment, and a Roth deduction option is also available.
HEALTH INSURANCE – Medical/Surgical Health Insurance with prescription drug benefit is available to employees (and their families) who work at least 20 hours weekly. Employee premiums are pre-taxed, saving 23-30% in payroll tax dollars. Employees are eligible for coverage on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment. Dependents are covered to age 26.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT – (FSA) Pre-tax up to $3,200 annually for medical and/or $5,000 for daycare expenses. You may roll over $610 of your unused flex plan dollars in your medical flex account from one year to the next. Pre-taxation of benefits results in a 25-30% savings in annual payroll taxes. Convenient bank Direct Deposits are available for receiving reimbursable expenses. Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for an FSA.
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT – An HSA works with our high deductible health plan and allows you to pre-tax up to $4,150 for single coverage or $8,300 for family coverage annually. Those aged 55 and older can contribute an additional $1,000 per year as a catch-up contribution. The money can be used to reimburse yourself for eligible medical expenses. Employees enrolling in the HSA plan for the first time receive dollar-for-dollar matching annual contributions from GRHS up to $500 for single coverage and $1,000 for family coverage that year.
PAID LIFE INSURANCE – Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance is an employee benefit paid 100% by GRHS. The insurance amount is equal to the previous year’s gross salary. It is eligible to those who have worked one year and a minimum of 32 hours a week.
ADDITIONAL LIFE INSURANCE – This is an optional benefit providing very competitive and affordable life insurance for employees (and their families) who work 20 hours a week or more.
DENTAL INSURANCE – Two optional dental plans are available to eligible employees and their families on a pre-tax payroll deduction: Base Plan or Buy-up Plan.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY (STDA) – Full and Part-time employees accrue STDA, which provides paid time off for extended illnesses and injuries.
SHORT AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY – An optional benefit available through payroll deduction, which provides competitive rates on short and long-term disability policies. To be eligible for this optional benefit, employees must work at least 32 hours a week.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) – Full and Part-time employees accrue PTO, which is a flexible system that combines vacation, sick, and holiday time.
PAID BEREAVEMENT LEAVE – Employees are given up to three paid days per calendar year for the death of a close family member, as specified in the GRHS personnel manual.
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT – Invest in your career! GRHS encourages employees to further their knowledge, skills, and job effectiveness through a certificate, 2-year or 4-year degree program. Full and Part-Time employees meeting eligibility requirements and receiving reimbursement agree to work at GRHS for two years post-certification or degree completion.
LEGAL PLANS AND IDENTITY THEFT INSURANCE – Optional benefit plans providing access to top-quality lawyers and monitoring of your credit record to help prevent and restore your identity if identity theft occurs.
WELLNESS CENTER – There is a $25 maximum monthly cost for using Glacial Ridge Wellness Center, including the equipment, aerobic classes, and activities. With the health insurance plan, it is $5 a month if you use the Wellness Center 12+ times a month!
DIRECT DEPOSIT – No-cost electronic transfer to any combination of up to four employee bank(s) accounts.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM – Employee wellness is not just a diet and exercise plan. An Employee Wellness program is used to boost team morale, promote health and wellness, and decrease sick time and employee turnover. There is no cost to employees.
DISCOUNT PROGRAMS – Discounts on products and services are available to GRHS employees through MedAssets and local businesses. GRHS is only sharing this information with employees and does NOT receive any financial benefit from these programs. Show your GRHS ID badge for the applicable discount.
- Ace Hardware – Glenwood – 5% total purchase—exclusions include Power Tools, Weber Grills, and all Sale items.
- Brownies Tire Service – 10% off labor charges for any automotive or mechanical service.
- Eagle Bank – This is a benefit banking package with special offers on banking and insurance services. Contact the bank.
- Entertainment Discounts – Receive discounts on Minnesota Zoo tickets, Valley Fair tickets, and Renaissance Festival tickets for you and your family. How to access discounted tickets online is available from HR.
- Glacial Ridge Computing – 10% off service or equipment.
- Glenwood Family Eye Center – Employees receive 25% off glasses, 10% off contacts, and 20% off exams (must pay same day). 25% off glasses is with proof of 3rd party eyewear plan. Special Offer: Buy one complete pair of prescription eyeglasses or prescription sunglasses and receive 50% off your 2nd pair. (See optician for details. Some restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with other discounts.)
- Glenwood State Bank – Advantage Banking – This is a benefit banking package with special offers on banking, real estate, and insurance services. Contact the bank.
- Grand Stay Hotel – Glenwood – Discount price for a Double Queen Room or a King Deluxe Room.
- MedAssets Employee Program Discounts – Receive discounts on products and services from vendors such as Office Depot/Office Max, AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Sherwin Williams, and Avis Rent-A-Car. MedAssets is a company that partners with healthcare providers such as GRHS to improve its financial strength by implementing programs that help control costs, increase revenue, and optimize operational efficiency.
- Minnewaska House – Buy any appetizer or burger, and get 2nd appetizer or burger half off.
- Napa – Glenwood – 10% off any service.
- Pope County Tribune – 3 months free with a 1-year subscription.
- Rasmussen College – 10% discount on tuition for most programs; family discount also available. For more information, visit www.rasmussen.edu/rasbenefit or www.rasmussen.edu/familydiscount.