Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a responsible and self-motivated cook to serve attractive and nutritional meals. Position includes cleaning duties as assigned. We hire for attitude and teamwork so we will train the right person.
- Kitchen experience desirable, but not required.
- Able to read, write, and make simple calculations.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to organize work to meet service time schedules.
- Able to learn the restrictions of various diets as stated in dietary manual.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare foods served at the meal for which responsible.
- Prepare portions and serve foods and beverages on the trays.
- Check accuracy of tray before sent to patient.
- Serve hot food to employees and guests in the café.
- Prepare special meals and/or bake when needed for special functions.
- Sanitize dishes and return dried dishes to the proper areas in kitchen.
- Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning schedule.
- Keep coffee maker in operation at all times.
- Assure night food supplies are adequate.
- Lock doors according to policy.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Attend scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Quality of food prepared should be tasty and appetizing.
- Consistently maintain high safety and sanitary standards set by the Nutrition Services Department.
- Serve meals on time according to meal schedule.
- Accurately check trays before sending to patients.
- Perform work that needs to be completed with or without supervisor’s presence.
- Ability to work positively in a fast paced environment, ability to multitask and strive for excellence.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued performance.
- 10:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and 5:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. weekdays and every other weekend; rotating holidays.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Dana Gorghuber, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.