We combine experience and expertise with the latest advances in research and education into a pathway for optimal diabetes care. The program, accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators, will provide you with the information, skills, and tools that you need to understand and take care of your diabetes day to day. We are here to help you reach your goals of better health and diabetes control.
The Living With Diabetes program can help you with:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Insulin pump therapy
- Problem solving high or low blood sugars
- Food and nutrition plans for better blood sugars, cholesterol, blood pressure, and weight management
How can a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) help you?
- Answer your questions about carbohydrates, healthy fats, meal and snack ideas
- Explain how to reverse or prevent diabetes
- Teach you how to monitor your blood sugar
- Explain how your diabetes medications work
- Help you understand how activity, stress, and illness affect your blood sugar
- Help you prevent diabetes complications
- Work with you to problem solve high or low blood sugars
When should you schedule an appointment?
- When you are newly diagnosed
- When you have a change in medication
- If your A1c is over 7 or the target your doctor has suggested
- Annually to get updated on new diabetes information
- Anytime you feel you are struggling to manage your diabetes
If you would like to learn how to better manage your diabetes so you can feel better daily, ask your doctor for a referral.
For general inquiries or to learn more about diabetes, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.