Emergency Medical Responder – Ambulance Driver
Be part of a critical team where your presence is highly rewarding and diversify your work experience! Work on a casual, part-time, or full-time schedule with Glacial Ridge Ambulance – with ambulances stationed in Glenwood, Starbuck, and Brooten. Become licensed to drive an ambulance as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) and assist EMTs during medical emergencies. Your paid training will prepare you with the skills and confidence to help change the outcome of emergency situations in your community. Benefits include pride in helping others and giving back to your community. If not you, then who? $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time! Pro-rated bonus for part-time.
Glacial Ridge Ambulance also offers an EMR to EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program with paid training that doesn’t require years of higher education for an exciting and rewarding career! This is a great opportunity to work as an EMR on a casual, part-time or full-time basis while taking the EMT course at no cost to you.
- Current licensed Emergency Medical Responders (formerly called First Responders); or willing to obtain EMR license.
- EMR training classes are available starting soon in Glenwood.
- Valid MN Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Live or work in the immediate area of Glenwood, Starbuck, or Brooten.
- Able to respond to the Ambulance Garage in one of the cities above at the specified location within 3-5 minutes.
(Or be willing to stay in crew quarters during your scheduled shift if you live or work beyond the 3-5 minute response time.)
- Must be friendly, courteous, responsible, and well-groomed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Perform the work that needs to be completed, with or without supervisor’s presence.
- Must work well with others and take direction well – time is urgent.
- Ability to act with the health, welfare, and comfort of the patient being transported in mind.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Flexible. Primarily day shifts, 4:00a – 6:00p.
- Some evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- EMRs will be part of the ambulance crew nearest their home or work in Glenwood, Starbuck, or Brooten.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.