Home Health Aide / Homemaker
Glacial Ridge Homecare and Hospice is seeking home health aides / homemakers to join our growing team. Home health aides / homemakers provide personal and household assistance that makes it possible for clients to stay in their own homes.
- Mature person with a warm, friendly personality and is of good physical and mental health.
- Able to read, understand and carry out directions responsibly.
- Successfully completed Home Health Aide course conducted by area vocational college or equivalent training.
- Understands and is responsible for confidentiality.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Give or assist with baths and oral hygiene.
- Shampoo and fix hair.
- Shave male patients.
- Assist with transfers in and out of bed.
- Assist with ambulation after proper demonstration.
- Assist with dressing.
- Maintain good skin care to prevent skin breakdown.
- Plan and prepare meals.
- Do laundry of patient’s normal articles.
- Change bed linen.
- Perform homemaking duties as directed.
- Arrange equipment and furniture for patient’s convenience and safety.
- Help patient and/or family carry out exercised and simple care procedures not requiring nursing judgment and competence which family, patient and/or aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Report any change in patient’s mental or physical condition or family situation.
- Administer medication and medication reminders as assigned by a skilled nurse.
- Never give care requiring nursing judgment or competence.
- May perform nonsterile dressing changes after being trained by a licensed nurse and return demonstration completed.
- Never transport patients.
- Do toe/fingernail cutting only when assigned per agency procedures.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation.
- Other client care duties as assigned by the RN Case Manager.
- Other tasks in the homecare office that may be assigned from time to time by the Homecare/Hospice Manager.
- To provide the community with a service in the most efficient, effective and compassionate way possible.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
- Part-Time and Full-Time positions are available
How to Apply:
- Contact Tina Blair at 320.634-2259 for inquires.
- Apply Online
- Download (PDF), print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Gordon Paulson, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, home care, hospice, and physical therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.