Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a Maintenance Technician. Requires a background in electrical, carpentry, plumbing, general maintenance and low-pressure steam boilers. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the plant management, and operations and maintenance of plant equipment in accordance with equipment or systems procedure manuals as delegated by the Maintenance Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make required tests and inspections set forth in the equipment or systems procedure manual.
- Conduct orientation of facility personnel in their duties to fire, electrical and general safety.
- Conduct required number of fire drills and all Life Safety required testing and maintenance checks.
- Respond to requests made by other departments.
- Responsible to be “on-call” with a 20-minute response time as scheduled by Manager. (Use of personal cell phone required).
- Responsible for immediate response to call requests.
- Responsible for all lawn care, landscaping maintenance, snow removal and all equipment-related maintenance.
- Responsible to be a participant in the facility disaster plan.
- Support the facility’s strategic goals and assist as needed with any construction projects.
- Assist nursing staff in handling of patients as requested.
- Background in electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Minnesota Class C/Special Engineer boiler license.
- Must have valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- On-call rotation
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.
Click here to change this text