Medical Receptionist – Float
Glacial Ridge Health System is seeking a Medical Receptionist for excellent customer service. The duties are based on variations in demand resulting from employee time off, illness, or work volumes. This position will work at Campus Reception, ER/Outreach Reception, Therapy, and Medical Necessity Reception as needed. This position is part-time and will flex between day hours and occasional evening hours, plus weekend/holiday rotation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and route incoming phone calls to the facility.
- Check-in patients, and verify and update necessary demographic information.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefit coverage.
- Back up for evening ER reception (approximately 2 evening shifts per month).
- Back up for Medical Necessity reception.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Working ER Weekend/Holiday rotation as assigned (approximately 2 evening shifts per month).
- Create a positive first impression for customers and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager or CFO.
- Must have a strong background in customer service.
- Must have experience with personal computers and be able to be trained to operate certain software applications.
- Must be friendly, courteous, responsible, and well-groomed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Primarily days with some evenings (average 2 per month), plus weekend/holiday rotation
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.