Glacial Ridge Hospital is seeking a full-time Radiologic Technologist to provide radiological services to the community which the Glacial Ridge Hospital and its other ventures serve.
- Must be ARRT registered.
- Adhere to the “Keys to Heartfelt Care”.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for radiographic and fluoroscopic work as requested by medical doctor on staff.
- CT Imaging.
- Mammography if qualified.
- Coordinate work with other technologists or operators when procedures require more than one person.
- Determine patient’s x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Maintain a current file of examination protocols.
- Maintain records of patients examined, examinations preformed, views taken, and other pertinent information.
- Make exposures necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Monitor equipment operation and report malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Perform procedures such as routine contrast studies, routine fluoroscopy and examinations of the head, trunk, and extremities, and pain management injection under supervision of a physician.
- Position patient on examining table, set up, and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Prepare and set up x-room for patient.
- Prepare contrast materials under direction of radiologist.
- Process exposed radiographs digital radiographic methods.
- Provide assistance in monitoring patient’s vital signs.
- Use patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Responsible for EKG’s, PFT’s, Holter Monitors.
- Responsible for doing daily surveillance Q.A. and processor QC.
- Responsible for orderliness of room and stocking supplies.
- Notify supervisor of supplies that need to be ordered.
- Responsible for scheduling of Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, CT, MRI, Bone Density, Routine Exams, Fluoroscopy, etc.
- Follow organization and staff policies and procedures.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance.
- Meet the expectations and guidelines of physicians, patients, and outside organizations.
- Regular attendance is necessary for continued employment.
- Must receive annual influenza vaccine.
- Days and rotating evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to:
Gordon Paulson, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.