Glacial Ridge Health System’s Radiology Department is seeking a full-time Radiologic Technologist to provide high-quality diagnostic imaging exams while maintaining safe and professional care for patients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for radiographic and fluoroscopic work as requested by medical doctor on staff.
- CT Imaging.
- Mammography if qualified.
- Coordinate work with other technologists or operators when procedures require more than one person.
- Determine patient’s x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Maintain a current file of examination protocols.
- Maintain records of patients examined, examinations preformed, views taken, and other pertinent information.
- Make exposures necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards.
- Monitor equipment operation and report malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Perform procedures such as routine contrast studies, routine fluoroscopy and examinations of the head, trunk, and extremities, and pain management injection under supervision of a physician.
- Position patient on examining table, set up, and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Prepare and set up x-room for patient.
- Prepare contrast materials under direction of radiologist.
- Process exposed radiographs digital radiographic methods.
- Provide assistance in monitoring patient’s vital signs.
- Use patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Responsible for EKG’s and Holter Monitors.
- Responsible for doing daily surveillance Q.A.
- Responsible for orderliness of room and stocking supplies.
- Notify supervisor of supplies that need to be ordered.
- Responsible for scheduling of Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Mammography, CT, MRI, Bone Density, Routine Exams, Fluoroscopy, etc.
- Follow organization and staff policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be ARRT registered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.