Grow your nursing career at a healthcare organization the Star Tribune deemed one of Minnesota’s 175 top workplaces in 2021!
We’re looking for experienced RNs to join our team in providing comprehensive, compassionate, heartfelt care at Glacial Ridge Hospital. Here, you’ll be responsible for consistently implementing the nursing process with each and every patient, including CCU, OB, ER, or PAR. $4,000 sign-on bonus for full-time! Pro-rated bonus for part-time.
If you’re an RN passionate about caring for others, dedication to patient safety, and excellent critical thinking and communication skills, we want to hear from you!
- Prepares and revises patient care for assigned patients and follows through with it.
- Keeps up to date on the latest nursing techniques and equipment. Attends at least six (6) nursing personnel meetings each year.
- Often provides technical information to colleagues, especially regarding special care areas such as CCU, OB, ER, and PAR.
- Recognize, interpret, record, and report significant data regarding the patient’s condition.
- Assists in development of patient care policy and procedures as requested.
- Successfully completes appropriate professional trauma education (Example: Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CATN), or in-house training meeting the objectives specified by the Minnesota Trauma Program guidance.
- Seeks others’ opinions readily regarding patient care and needs and plan of care.
- Respect other peoples’ ability of judgment, i.e., during peer review.
- Interacts appropriately with visitors, families and other departmental personnel.
Resistance to Work Pressures
- Provides a high degree of professional patient care, especially in special care areas: CCU, OB, ER, and PAR.
- Makes sound decisions under conditions of stress or pressure.
- Accepts additional assignments without being unduly distressed.
Rules and Policy
- Follows policy and procedures for nursing interventions especially in special care areas; CCU, OB, ER, and PAR
- Knows and strives to meet written standards of patient care.
- Knows and follows the correct format for charting.
- Utilizes equipment and resources appropriately.
- Develops and revises the plan of care for assigned patients and implements and evaluates same.
- Reports patient care concerns and condition changes to appropriate personnel i.e., Charge Nurse, DON, Medical Providers.
- Meets and exceeds written standards of patient care.
- Ensures a safe work environment by cleaning, restocking, and monitoring conditions, especially in special care areas.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Does additional reading or study on an unusual patient problem or condition.
- Participates in learning/teaching opportunities with other staff, i.e. LPN, NAA, or community members.
- Assumes professional responsibility for every assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current RN license within the state of Minnesota.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Clinical experience; 5 or more years preferred.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Team building.
- Must adhere to HIPAA confidentiality standards.
- Must adhere to the Keys to Heartfelt Care.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Full-Time, 64-80 per pay period
- Rotating shifts, holidays, and every third weekend.
How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Download, print, and mail completed application or resume to Jenna Janu, HR Manager, 10 Fourth Ave SE, Glenwood, MN 56334
GRHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Glacial Ridge Health System
Glacial Ridge Health System is located in Glenwood, Minnesota to provide Heartfelt Care to the surrounding communities, our patients, and our staff. As an independent level IV trauma center and acute stroke-ready hospital, we also provide a wide array of medical services, including clinics, homecare, hospice, and therapy. We’re doing big things at Glacial Ridge and are hiring new team members and medical professionals who are ready to provide heartfelt care!
For general inquiries, click on the Contact Us button below.
Click on the button below to learn more about our Medical Staff.